Back to all recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 4-6 servings
- Rumba® Beef Inside Skirt (1-2 lbs. )
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2½ cups beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cans (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- Trim visible fat off meat, if necessary. Cut meat into 4 equal pieces. Season beef with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn pressure cooker on and select “Sauté” mode. Heat 2 tablespoons oil. Sear meat in batches until golden-brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to large plate.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to pot. Add onion, green pepper and garlic; sauté, stirring constantly, until tender and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze pot by adding ¼ cup broth and scraping bottom of pot with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Press “Cancel”.
- Return meat and any accumulated juices to pressure cooker. Add remaining beef broth, tomato paste, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, oregano and bay leaves; mix until well-combined. Secure lid and close pressure-release valve.
- Select “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” and adjust time to 45 minutes. When time is complete, allow pressure to release on its own for 5 minutes. Then, carefully turn valve to "Venting" to release any extra pressure. Remove lid. Press “Cancel,” and discard bay leaves.
- Use two forks to shred meat, discarding fatty bits. Toss to coat with juices.
- Serve hot with white rice, black beans and fried plantains if desired.