Caribbean Mondongo (Slow Cooker Dinner)
We can all use a taste of the Caribbean during the winter months–or, really, year round. You can prep this slow cooker dinner in a mere 15 minutes, then put it in a slow cooker for 8 hours. Set it, forget it, eat it, and remember your favorite meals growing up.
Rumba Meats® Beef Scalded Tripe
- 15 MIN Prep Time
- 8 HRS Cook Time
- 6 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Scalded Tripe (1 package, about 5 pounds)
- 1 (18-ounce) bag frozen yuca, thawed
- 1 (18-ounce) package or 4 cups frozen sweet potato, butternut squash, potato, and carrot blend
- 1 (12-ounce) jar sofrito tomato cooking base
- 3 cups beef broth or water
- 1 packet (about 1¼ teaspoons) sazón with garlic and onion
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Garnish: chopped cilantro
- Recommended side: tostones
- Rinse beef scalded tripe under cold running water. Trim and cut into bite-size pieces with kitchen shears or knife.
- Slice yuca into bite-size pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and slow cook on low setting for 8 hours or until tripe is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Top Caribbean mondongo with chopped cilantro. Serve with tostones, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.