Brazilian Tripe Stew (Instant Pot Dinner)
Here’s a hot, delicious comfort food you can make in less than an hour with an instant pot. The tripe absorbs the flavors of the chorizo, tomato, and spices for a satisfying and nutritious dish. For a truly delicious experience, serve with warm, crusty bread.
Rumba Meats® Beef Scalded Tripe
- 10 MIN Prep Time
- 45 MIN Cook Time
- 6-8 Servings
- Rumba Meats® Beef Scalded Tripe (1 package, about 5 pounds)
- 2 cups beef broth or water
- 1 14-ounce) bag frozen pepper and onion blend
- 3 (15½-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (14½-ounce) can diced tomatoes in tomato juice
- 2 chorizo sausage links (about 6 ounces), sliced
- 1 tablespoon pre-chopped garlic
- ½ tablespoon achiote annatto paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Garnish: chopped parsley and hot sauce
- Recommended side: warm crusty bread
- Rinse beef scalded tripe under cold running water. Trim and cut into bite-size pieces with kitchen shears or knife.
- Combine all ingredients in instant pot and stir to blend. Lock pressure cooker. Select pressure cooker setting and cook for 45 minutes on high pressure with full natural release or until tripe is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Top Brazilian tripe stew with chopped parsley. Serve with hot sauce and warm crusty bread, if desired.
Find Your Faves
Get the cuts you crave at a store near you.