Back to all recipes
Arroz con Pollo Adobado
prep time: | cook time:
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 8
- Rumba® Pollo Adobado (1 package)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced and seeded
- 1 cup celery, diced finely
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup Yukon gold potatoes, chopped in 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups white rice
- ½ cup green olives, stuffed with pimentos
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3½ cups water
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add thighs to the pot and fry chicken until golden on each side, about 5 minutes on each side.
- When finished cooking, remove chicken from the pot and place on a large plate, keeping the chicken hot by the stove. Add onions, peppers and celery to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, potatoes and rice, and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add green olives, cilantro, bay leaf, salt, pepper and water and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs back into the pot with the rice mixture. Place heat on low and cover pot. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove thighs. Remove meat from bones and shred, discarding bones and excess skin.¬ Mix the shredded chicken with the rice mixture. Each serving is 1 cup. Serve with a green salad.